Innovation Week Recordings Online
Following a fantastic virtual turnout for Innovation Week 2020 we are pleased to give you another chance to tune in for #InnovationWeek events. Over 5,000 people viewed our live-streamed events between 19 and 23 October.
Thirteen recorded sessions are now online for your viewing:
- Innovation Week opening with keynote address from Professor Pete Lunn
- Making Innovation Real – the Public Service Innovation Strategy
- Designing Better Policy
- Covid-19 – The Response
- Making Innovation Stick – Practical Tools with Lars Sudmann
- Strategic Foresight and Anticipatory Innovation
- Redefining Innovation with Stephen Shapiro
- Backing Big Thinking: Social Innovation with Rethink Ireland
- Public Service applications of Blockchain
- Innovation Weeks around the World
- Robotic Process Automation in the Public Service
- Innovation through the Crisis – Public Service Leaders
- What’s the Score? The Public Service Innovation Scorecard
For the further information and lists of panellists for the above events, see the Innovation Week Programme.
If you are short on time, here is a selection of two must-see events:
Public Service Leaders discussion, Friday 23rd October. An insightful discussion with our public service leaders about the sectoral and collective responses to Covid-19. Joining us for the discussion were:
• Shirley Comerford, CEO, Public Appointments Service
• AnnMarie Farrelly, CEO, Fingal County Council
• Garda Commissioner Drew Harris, An Garda Síochána
• Vice Admiral Mark Mellett, Chief of Staff, Defence Forces
• Dr Orlaigh Quinn, Secretary General, Department Business,Enterprise and Innovation
• Julie Sinnamon, CEO, Enterprise Ireland
The session was moderated by Robert Watt – Secretary General, Department of Public Expenditure and Reform.
Opening Event and Keynote Address: Lessons from Covid-19: Using Behavioural Science in the Public Service, Monday 19th October. Professor Pete Lunn, Head of the Behavioural Research Unit at the Economic & Social Research Institute (ESRI) outlined how behavioural science was used to deliver successful communications during Covid-19. There is a lot to learned from this approach to challenges and campaigns in the public service.
Launch of an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Vision Statement and Maturity Model for the Public Service
Publication of Report: Towards a Strategic Foresight System in Ireland
Minister McGrath announces 20 projects to be funded under Public Service Innovation Fund